Join Our Team
We are always looking for amazing, experienced professionals to join our team!
Mentors & Parent Mentors
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR …
- empathic, confident clinicians & paraprofessionals who can meet youth and families 'where they're at'
- people who are comfortable meeting in a varity of settings: in-home, in-community, & virtually
- team players, who embrace the Wraparound philosophy
- 21+ years of age
- Clear criminal record
- Clean driving record - applicants with poor driving records will not be considered for any position
- Reliable transportation
- NJ Clinical License (LSW/LCSW or LAC/LPC) (apples to IIC/PSYCHOTHERAPIST APPLICANTS ONLY)
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant social service related field (applies to BA APPLICANTS ONLY)
- HS diploma or equivalent (MENTOR, PARENT MENTOR)
- Afternoon & evening availability
- Experience implementing behavioral interventions (applies to PSYCHOTHERPIST & BA APPLICANTS ONLY; preferred, but not required, for MENTOR/PARENT MENTOR APPLICANTS)
- COVID-19 Vaccinated
- Exclusively provide services through PGP & no other CSOC-IIC agency
- ... don't worry, no baking experience necessary!
- Per Diem/Part Time Positions
- Flexible Scheduling
- W2 Employee Status
- Competitive Pay
- Supportive Supervision
- Earned Sick Leave (PSLA)
- Papa Ganache Vegan Bakery Discount
What is an Intensive In-Community Psychotherapist (IIC)?
IIC's are licensed clincians (LCSW or LPC) that work directly with youth & their families as part of the wraparound team to strengthen and develop skills to reduce behavioral and emotional symptoms & increase overall functioning. Through individualized planning, treatment focuses on addressing the underpinnings of challenges, establishing an environment of open communication, reducing high risk behaviors, increasing insight, identifying areas of resilience, and assessing for appropriate & applicable psychiatric interventions, as appropriate.
For more info: http://www.performcarenj.org/pdf/provider/clinicalcriteria/intensive-community-services.pdf
What is a Behavioral Assistant (BA)?
BA's are certified paraprofessionals that work directly with youth & their families as part of the wraparound team to implement specific strategies as developed by the psychotherapist, with the goal of restoring, building, strengthening, developing, & maintaining the youth’s capacity to successfully function in their homes and community.
BA's are certified by the state after successful completion of the FREE Behavioral Assistant training program and passing the certification test. Certification information: https://www.nj.gov/dcf/providers/csc/training/
For more info: http://www.performcarenj.org/pdf/provider/clinicalcriteria/behavioral-assistance.pdf
What is a Mentor & Parent Mentor?
Mentors are paraprofessionals who engage youth in community based activities to work on developing functional skills, including independent living skills, job searches, socialization, linkage with community activities. Parent Mentors coach parents in supporting and achieving treatment goals, reinforcing behavioral plans, assisting with practical tasks such as budgeting, identifying local resources, establishing household routine.