Coronavirus / COVID-19 Processes and Procedures
Papa Ganache Project (PGP) puts the health and safety of our youth/families and staff as the highest priority. We implemented strict policies and procedures to ensure that safety. PGP wants our families to be supported and we want you to know that we are doing our best to ensure safety and health while maintaining the highest level standards of mental and behavioral health practice.
- PGP screens before each appointment. We will ask the following questions:
- In the last 14 days, have you or anyone in your household traveled to a country for which the CDC has issued a Level 2 or Level 3 travel designation?
- Have you or anyone in your household come into contact with any person under investigation (PUI) for exposure to the COVID-19 Coronavirus (high-risk and medium-risk under the NJ Department of Health guidelines), or anyone with known COVID-19?
- Do you have any symptoms of a respiratory infection (e.g. cough, sore throat, fever or shortness of breath)? If anyone is ill, we will make arrangements to cancel and reschedule.
- We reiterate safe practices of frequent hand washing, hand sanitizer, cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or elbow, avoid touching own face, mouth, and eyes, and if a staff member is feeling unwell, they must stay home and rest. If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19, we will require a staff member to adhere to federal guidelines to quarantine.
- As a home and community-based agency, we will maintain social distancing (e.g. no handshakes, high fives, or pounds) and reinforcement of personal space.
- Activities and interventions may be disrupted or changed to ensure safety and minimize the risk of exposure. We have discontinued Papa Ganache bakery-based activities and community outings to crowded places.
As more information is known and distributed about COVID-19, we will continue to refine our processes and procedures to ensure YOUR safety and the safety of our providers.
Please contact us if you have any concerns or questions.